The first formal step in creating a Neighbourhood Plan for Sneinton has been completed today: the submission of the proposed neighbourhood area to the local planning authority for designation.
The following were submitted in the area application:
- a map identifying the proposed neighbourhood area
- a statement explaining why the area is appropriate to be designated as a neighbourhood area
- a statement explaining that the body making the area application (the neighbourhood forum) is capable of being a qualifying body
The following were submitted in the forum application:
- the name and written constitution for the proposed neighbourhood forum
- the name of the neighbourhood area to which the forum relates and a map identifying the area
- contact details for the proposed neighbourhood forum
- a statement explaining how the proposed neighbourhood forum meets legal requirements
The local planning authority will now consider the application and design and implement a 6-week consultation process before considering whether to designate the area and forum.
Watch this space for more details of the consultation coming up!