At the first official meeting of the Forum on Tuesday the date for the group's first AGM (Annual General Meeting) was agreed:
Tuesday 16th September 2014 at 6.30pm
The Forum Constitution contains the following section regarding the AGM:
- The AGM, and any other public meetings held, give legitimacy to the Steering Group of the Forum and the plans they or the workings groups develop
- If there is more than one public meeting in any year, one will be designated as the AGM
- The AGM will be called with at least 15 working days’ notice once per year by advertising extensively across the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- The AGM has the power to both elect and remove by a vote of no confidence, any member of the Steering Group
- At each AGM the Chair will provide a written report, the treasurer will provide a set of accounts for the previous year and the Minute secretary will record the proceedings.
- The quorum required for an Annual General Meeting to conduct business shall be 15 members.
The first official meeting of Sneinton Neighbourhood Forum will be held at St Christopher’s Hall on August 19th from 6pm to 8pm.
Whether you have already joined us or just want to know more please come along!
Since April 2012, local communities have been able to produce "Neighbourhood Plans" for their local area, putting in place planning policies for the future development and growth of the neighbourhood. In this area our Councillors work hard on our behalf, but we still need to speak with a strong local voice so that